bug fixes to hddm-c, hdgeant

Colleagues,

I have committed a few changes to svn in response to bug reports I have received and investigated over the last couple of weeks.  I believe that a simple svn update followed by a build cycle with the standard procedure should install the changes.  Problem reports are welcome.  I will do my best to respond promptly.

  1. reported by Dave Lawrence - tracks sometimes miss the cdc and fdc altogether and seem to tunnel through from the target directly to the tof counters.  This is a re-emergence of a similar bug reported in March, 2009.  The fix I issued at that time seems to have merely moved the problem elsewhere.  In today's commits to svn (both to release-05-27-2009 and the main trunk) I roll back the earlier fix and install what I believe is a correct fix to this problem.  I have run 100,000 events using the control.in file passed to me from Dave, and all 100,000 events have hits in the cdc.
  2. reported by Blake Leverington - hddm output files longer than 2GB are not possible.  This was the result of an unadvertised limitation of the xdr library used by the hddm library to read/write machine-independent binary data to files of size less than 2GB.  Today's commit places changes in hddm-c that will produce a modified hddm_s.c that works with file sizes up to 2^63 bytes, which should be ok for the lifetime of this experiment.  I have not tested this change on the Mac, so Mac users please contact me if this fix does not work for you.

-Richard Jones

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature