Converting Magnetic Field Maps

Hi Folks,

    In case anyone is interested, I have just put up a brief HOWTO on
the wiki linked from the Offline Software page giving instructions on
how to convert the ANSYS generated maps being produced in the form of
Excel files by the engineering group into the format used by the
simulation/reconstruction software as well as a ROOT file for
interactive examination. The page can be found here:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/HOWTO_Convert_a_B-field_Map_from_Excel

    I will remind everyone that currently, we still use the 1500A TOSCA
generated map as the default. This map uses a different origin that is
offset by 26 inches in z from our current coordinate system The new maps
do not have this offset, but the code is hardwired assuming they do.
Therefore, keep in mind that the simulation/reconstruction will need to
be modified in order to use the new maps.

Regards,
-David

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[