Re: Monday's Physics Working Group Meeting

Hi Ryan:

Blake and I will not be able to attend the meeting on Monday: Blake is
out of town and I teach at that time (since Sask does not change to
DST).  Nevertheless, the semester ends in 2 weeks so after that both
of us should be able to attend with (I hope) regularity.

Cheers, Zisis...

On 27-Mar-09, at 12:47 PM, Ryan Mitchell wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> This is a reminder about the Physics Working Group meeting Monday at
> 11am.
>
> There will be at least three things on the agenda.  Please feel free
> to add more!
>
> 1.  Planning for the INT workshop in November (Curtis, Adam, Jo).
>
> 2.  Status of simulations of exotic meson channels (Ryan).
>
> 3.  Planning for future Physics Working Group meetings.
>
> Regarding the third item,  I think it would be a good idea for us to
> start thinking about how we can divide the GlueX physics interests
> into subgroups, e.g., hybrid mesons, baryons, scattering, primakoff,
> etc.  If we could identify the main subgroups and assign a contact
> person to each, then we could start systematically laying out what
> types of simulations should be done for each.  In the end this would
> perhaps result in a collection of different types of physics
> analyses each with a collection of key plots.  Then at conferences,
> for example, we could say GlueX aims to study such and such and this
> is what we expect to see.  This already exists to some extent with
> exotic mesons, but not so much for say baryons or primakoff
> scattering, etc.  Anyway, let's talk about the feasibility and
> desire for this at the Monday meeting and then perhaps brainstorm
> until the following meeting and try to get something in place...
>
> Ryan

---
Dr. Zisis Papandreou		|  email: zisis@uregina.ca
Department of Physics	|  tel. : (306) 585-5379
University of Regina		|  tel. : (306) 585-4149
Regina, SK  S4S 0A2		|  fax. : (306) 585-5659
World Wide Web:    http://www.phys.uregina.ca/sparro/zisis/