4/27 physics meeting...

Hi All,

Just a reminder about tomorrow's physics working group meeting at
11:00 EDT.  I posted an agenda here:
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/April_27%2C_2009_%2811AM%29%2C_Physics_Working_Group

I also posted a few notes about the idea of starting a "physics
experts list,"  reproduced here:

I would like to try to put together a "physics experts list."  The
idea would be to try to break down the GlueX physics program into
"subtopics" (e.g. meson spectroscopy, baryon spectroscopy, charm,
etc.) and to associate "experts" (one or more) with each subtopic.

The short-term role of the experts would be to:
(i) serve as consultants in their field (e.g. I personally don't know
a lot about DVCS and if I have a question it would be nice to know who
I could turn to to get an answer);
(ii) help develop the physics case for their field;
(iii) identify key analyses that could be done in their field;
(iv) (longer term) try to organize simulations of these key analyses
(if appropriate) or at least make sure they are feasible with GlueX.

A preliminary division of topics might look like this:
1.  Meson Spectroscopy (hybrids, glueballs, vectors, etc.)
2.  Baryon Spectroscopy
3.  Scattering (DVCS, pion form factor, GPD's, etc. etc.)
4.  Charm
5.  Primakoff and eta physics (gamma gamma widths, rare eta decays,
etc.)
6.  In-Medium Modifications

I would eventually like to devote a physics working group meeting to
each of these topics where we could (with the help of experts)
identify the key analyses, think about the physics cases, discuss the
simulations needed, etc.

Note that I'm not proposing we "break into subgroups."  I would just
like to start identifying physics topics and their associated experts
so we can start looking at them in a little more depth.

Ryan