Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: notes from today's meeting

Tim,
It comes close.  To know whether it makes spec or not, we need to know what limits it places on the cable run, and whether we can respect those limits within the tagger hall or not.  Our spec also states that the inside diameter of the beam pipe through the quad is 30mm ± 2mm.  What are the standard pipe sizes that fit through this bore?  Can we get one with an inner diameter >= 28 mm?
Richard Jones

Tim Whitlatch wrote:
4790E8BD.8010004@jlab.org">Thanks Richard,

Below is the spec for a standard JLAB QP magnet. At 19amps, it can just make the spec for Hall D.

Compare to QP

Bore 3.81 cm 1.5 in

Length 30.48 cm

19 amps ability depends on cable run