Re: Hall D PS design

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Hrachya.Hakobyan wrote:

Dear Hrachya,

thanks for your email. sorry I answer only know but I was traveling
between europe and the us.
One of the spokespersons of primex will be at the
the Hall D workshop this week. I will talk to him and find out where to
best find the most complete information on the Hall B pair spectrometer.

Let me make one point so the Hall-B pair spectrometer is a nice device,
but it is not a requirement to make the Hall D one exactly the same. You
can use your own judgement on what would be a good design. I don't know
you have seen already some drawings, but there are quite some, still
conceptual at
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/gluex_secure/CD2_DRAWING_PACKAGE/
with gluex qcd!confine

I will contact you as soon as I have more information.

cheers elke

> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:40:03 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Hrachya.Hakobyan <hakopian@atlas.yerphi.am>
> To: Elke-Caroline Aschenauer <elke@jlab.org>
> Subject: Re: Hall D PS design
>
> Dear Elke,
>
> First of all thank you for invitation. I've received it in the past week,
> but not activated yet.
> As I've understood from Richard's mail ,I may  apply directly to you for
> the help with info on the PS design. I was expecting some response to my
> previous email, where I've discussed the initial requirement for start-up
> of design.
>   To be brief, I would re-ask now  the following information:
>
> 1. The length and poles width for the PRIMEX  1.5Tm magnet.
> 2. The length of the vacuum chamber, measured from  the center or output
>    of the magnet and the sizes of its windows at the exit.
> 3. An expected energy discretisation step and  resolution in the range of
>    coherent bremmstrahlung  peak. For example the full width of CB peak at
>    8 GeV and collimation of 3.4mm is expected to be within 1-1.2 Gev.
>
>    The requested info is  enough as a first step to build the
>    PS conceptual layout using PRIMEX magnet and evaluate the need in the
>    existing vacuum chamber.
>
> Waiting for your response.
>
> Kind regards, Hrachya
>

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Richard Jones wrote:
>
> > Hrachya,
> >
> > I am sorry that the connection was not good for you today.  Did you notice that we
> > also include a phone number for you to connect to the evo meetings by phone?  If you
> > read down on the wiki page where the link to the meeting agenda is shown, you can
> > find the directions for connecting by phone.  There is a US number (California) and
> > a Swiss number (Geneva).  You can use either one.  The ID number for the meeting and
> > the passcode are both listed in the directions on the wiki page.
> >
> > With regard to drawings and information on the pair spectrometer, please do feel
> > free to make direct contact with Elke.  She is very interested in seeing this
> > project progress, and can direct you to all of the necessary information regarding
> > the existing apparatus in Hall B.  She will also be able to explain to you why it is
> > better to go through her to find this information, rather than to contact the Hall B
> > users of this equipment directly.
> >
> > Richard Jones
> >

> > Hrachya.Hakobyan wrote:
> >
> >  So probably there is need in phone connection. Could you find the time? I've already received the invitation from Lorelei, but didn't do the steps for its activation.
> >  I've seen some attempts to fill the specification page. But not so much. I still have not enough info for calculations. Is it possible to contact directly to Elke, without violation of sub-ordination. F.e. may someone measure the magnet geometry (length, poles' width), the vacuum chamber sizes and fixation means?
> >
> > Hrachya

 ( `,_' )+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=
  )    `\                                                  -
 /    '. |                                                  +
 |       `,              Elke-Caroline Aschenauer            =
  \,_  `-/                                                    -
  ,&&&&&V         Jefferson Lab                                +
 ,&&&&&&&&:       HALL-D 12C / F381       121-A Atlantic Avenue =
,&&&&&&&&&&;      Suite 8                 Hampton, VA 23664      -
|  |&&&&&&&;\     12000 Jefferson Ave                             +
|  |       :_) _  Newport News, VA 23606  Tel.:  001-757-224-1216  =
|  |       ;--' | Mail:  elke@jlab.org    Mobil: 001-757-256-5224   -
   \_    |  |---' Tel.:  001-757-269-5352                             =
     `-._\__/     Fax.:  001-757-269-6331                              -