Re: Tagger vacuum chamber (fwd)

Jim,

The 30mm is not the height of the window, it is the minimum required gap
height of the magnet.  It is driven by the requirement to be able to tag
up to within a few hundred MeV of the endpoint and keep background in
the tagger from scraping of the beam halo on the poles to a minimum.  I
think 30mm is about the right number for the minimum required tagger
vacuum box height through the magnetic field region of the
spectrometer.  It needs to be larger outside the magnetic field region,
but that is a lot easier to arrange than increasing the gap between the
poles.

Richard Jones