Re: different quad for the tagger

Jim,

I think the inner aperture of 10mm radius is undesirable for the quad.
This will change our halo spec.  Now that the halo looks non-existent in
the machine simulation, perhaps we can live with it, but on the other
hand perhaps we should take that with a grain of salt, given what we
know about the 6 GeV beam.

The spec on the wiki that you refer to comes from just taking one of the
standard machine dipoles and copying it.  Before we take and start
rewriting the halo spec, I suggest that we quantify just how much money
we save by going with these free quads instead of just asking the
machine group to add one for us when they make their big order for the
upgrade.  Are the savings sufficient to justify going back a redoing our
spec?

Richard J.