BNL 30D72 magnet

Hello Everyone

There is a lot of informaiton about the magnet on the wiki:
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Pair_Spectrometer

Please stop sending mails with the heading "helios quad", this is the
wrong magnet completely.

The contact person at BNL is Phil Pile pile@bnl.gov
He is the head of the AGS experimental support.

Phil knows we want the magnet and has promised to reserve it for us.He
has also said that they have old power supplies if we want one. I
checked and they also have documentation and possibly spare parts. I did
not take any actions concerning a power supply because we do not know
what specifications we will need until we have a design for the iron to
reduce the gap. The current will reduce as the square of the gap so this
completely change the spec for the supply.

I would first decide who is going to be responsible for the magnet and
then contact Phil to see what is possible. He will know very well the
effort needed to test the magnet at BNL.

I have not talked to him about the possibility of testing it at BNL.

I hope this is helpful.
Jim