Re: Cable requirements

Hi Chris,
	Thanks for sending that. If there is some clear assurance that there
will not be any more stringent requirements put in place for Hall D than
are presently for Hall B, then we should get costing for the cables on
the basis that they are not halogen free, and that they meet the
requirements of NEC CL2 or the permitted substitutions (see e.g.
http://www.generalcable.com/NR/rdonlyres/2626438D-B7D9-42DA-99DE-E6247401F220/0/Pg221_222NECsubstitutionChart.pdf
), and that they are marked to show it.
	If you (or someone else) can determine that the Hall B requirements are
sufficient, then I think Joe should change the focus of the discussions
with Amphenol away from the halogen-free cable towards the above
requirements. Such as are standard for the 50mil pitch cable, Amphenol #
159-2801-050, which is manufactured with the following rating: UL Listed
Power Limited Circuit Cable CL2 CSA AWM I/II A 105C 300V, FT-1.
Hopefully this will drop the price a little.
	Sincerely,

	Gerard

p.s. Joe, I'll forward the emails I exchanged over past year with
Amphenol to you shortly.