Re: fADC

Hi Fernando,
   I'll get some kind of block diagram together. It will be needed
anyway, not only for the review; it's good to get it done now. I am
expecting feedback from a vendor soon on some parts pricing, I'll
probably wait for that first.
   I complete acknowledge, we did not discuss the two gains option with
Mitch, and it would certainly be a change that requires some extra work
from him. I guess I did not really appreciate that we would need such a
large (~6) gain factor difference between cathodes and anodes, but it
looks that way at least based on recent results. We need to nail this
down further before asking Mitch to actually do anything about it.
Perhaps it can be accomodated only at the ADC board, but as you know
this is not optimal from the noise perspective. It may not matter very
much though - we should be able to easily calculate and add the
corresponding amount of extra noise into the measured samples and see
how much the cathode position resolution is degraded, if at all.

	Gerard

p.s. I'll post the block diagram and spec slides to the portal in a few
days, when I have it.