Re: FDC ground plane thickness

Hi Dan,
	Ok, sorry I didn't do this test till now. I just measured it, I find
that the sheet resistance _per_ _side_ is 1.18 Ohms per square. In other
words if both sides are considered then it is 0.59 Ohms per square. This
was measured on a 235 x 10.5 mm strip with a 4-wire method at 0.497A
test current.
	This seems fairly low, I would assume that it will be fine. It is
important to ensure good contact to both sides of the material at
sufficiently large portions of the perimeter. Especially important that
one side does not wind up floating, that could create a noise/coupling
issue.
	The above sheet resistance, together with the properties of the cathode
plane, could now be put into an electromagnetic simulation of the
cathode strip as a transmission line, to determine its characteristic
impedance and to look at crosstalk (including determination of the
ground plane voltage, which would give crosstalk into the next layers
cathode strips). I don't think I have the CAD tools required to do this.
Perhaps Fernando has access to something. It should be pursued, but I
don't expect any results of this will indicate that the materials of
either cathode plane or ground plane need to be changed.

	Gerard

p.s. The sheet resistance above is consistent with a thickness of 2.3E-8
m = 230 Angstroms. So it makes sense.