Re: cathodes in 10cm diameter

Hi Daniel,

Chuck is currently laying out the strips within the 10cm on 2.5mm centers with 1mm gap. He will layout the rest of the strips to a total of 192. This will put 40 strips on 2.5mm centers and 152 at 5.66mm centers. Both have 1mm gap.If the strips outside the 10mm are kept at 5mm centers, 20 more channels (1 more connector) would be required to cover the same area.All 3 kapton sections of the cathode would be different.

Cheers,

       Tim

Daniel S. Carman wrote:
Chuck,

We should talk about this in person.  There are two strategies.  One
is to increase the total number of strips beyond 192 and choose the
number of narrow strips to give one more connector, or to allow for
a very modest increase in strip width to conserve the numbers.  I
would ask that you consider both scenarios and let us know what we
are up against.

				Regards,

					Daniel

* Dr. Daniel S. Carman                   e-mail : carman@jlab.org    *
* Staff Scientist                        office : (757)-269-5586     *
* Jefferson Laboratory                   web: www.jlab.org/~carman   *