CDC discussion at CMU

Hi Curtis,

Thanks you, Gary, Yves and Matt and Mike for spending time with us Wednesday. Both Slava and I found the discussions very fruitful. I have attached a question and answer dialog that follows our discussion. The blue text are the results of our discussion. Please let me know if I mis-understood something.  The remaining questions and action items are here below;

Action Items

Curtis - 1. rerun and check program for straw tube locations
             2. Determine if .25 inch Al plate downstream is acceptable for physics (this would be a cost savings)
             3. Is a metallic electric shield required for outer skin?
             4. Is a 125uM inner mylar shell ok?
             5. Determine what HV feedthru to be used (Yves)
             6. What is the requirement for matching specific wires for specific HV connectors?
             7. What is the glue specification for the conductive epoxy?

Tim - 1. Get with JLAB survey and alignment to inquire about fiducializing crimp pin locations at CMU
          2. Find out the exact tungsten alloy used for the hall B drift chambers to determine yield strength.
          3. Determine deflection of end plates under wire loading
          4. Talk with Steve Christo about crimping a smaller OD crimp pin.
          5. Produce layout to determine if removing 1 straw tube layer will be enough to accommodate rails, FDC cables, alignment features etc...
          6. Layout the updated straw tube locations (when available) to ensure no interferences (Slava).

Cheers,

       Tim

CDC discussions 2-6-08.doc