review in march

Dear all,

in http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/guest_secure/Tracking_PID_REVIEW_Mar08/
you can find the very very preliminary agenda and charge to the committee
for the tracking and PID review in march.

I absolutely want to review only the ToF performance of the BCal if at
all, as we review the calorimeters in a week from now. I'm still in
discussion with the 12GeV team on this. So please assume there are changes
to this part of the charge. I would also like to drop the value
engineering discussion for this review, as we do it for the calo-review
and we did it for the FDC-mini-review, so maybe we don't need it here.

I have made a preliminary agenda with talks. Please look to this and give
me your feedback, especially names.
There is the issue one the cosmic test results from the CDC and the FDC, I
think for both detectors we don't need again this long talks on design,
as Dan gave in the FDC-mini-review.

So we can either include the results from the prototypes in the long
talks or split the talks in 2. One covering the design changes since
last review and one covering the results with the prototypes.

On pre-brief material.

we have all the material on costs and schedules from the EIR review so no
problem.

we have write ups on the F1-TDC and the asic, we have nothing on the 100MHz
FADC, Fernando agreed to coordinate to bring this in a nice shape.

FDC we have the write up from the mini-review
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/reviews/FDC_Mini_Review_Feb08/Pre-Brief%20Materials/

CDC we need an update from last years report, including all the new
studies by Yves

we need an report on the tracking and simulations.

now concerning the ToF and physics motivation.
We have the nice write ups on the bcal, which includes TOF as well, to make
a small write up on the forward ToF with all the NIM-articles and cosmic
studies should be possible.

The biggest question is what does the current PID help us for the physics.
Matt B. is doing nice studies, Eugene has done some time ago also nice
studies on Kaon id. I think we should look to them again and maybe redo
them especially we now have this nice generator in hand from Eugene.

So I think even there is a lot of work involved we are in not to bad
shape.

All the drawings need will be provided by Tim's group.

Thoughts, remarks, complains please

Cheers elke

 ( `,_' )+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=
  )    `\                                                  -
 /    '. |                                                  +
 |       `,              Elke-Caroline Aschenauer            =
  \,_  `-/                                                    -
  ,&&&&&V         Jefferson Lab                                +
 ,&&&&&&&&:       HALL-D 12C / F381       121-A Atlantic Avenue =
,&&&&&&&&&&;      Suite 8                 Hampton, VA 23664      -
|  |&&&&&&&;\     12000 Jefferson Ave                             +
|  |       :_) _  Newport News, VA 23606  Tel.:  001-757-224-1216  =
|  |       ;--' | Mail:  elke@jlab.org    Mobil: 001-757-256-5224   -
   \_    |  |---' Tel.:  001-757-269-5352                             =
     `-._\__/     Fax.:  001-757-269-6331                              -