Re: Wire sag

Hi Curtis,

I will continue to look into this. We can use 33g as the baseline tension until more is found out. This gives about a 4mm stretch in the wire during installation with about 4mm of additional stretch (minimum) before reaching  yield.

Cheers,

       Tim

Curtis A. Meyer wrote:
Thanks Tim -

  the ~100g number is the one that has stuck in my mind for the yield and we typically
took a factor of 2 for safety. However, using your formula I find a sag of 54 micorns for
33g of tension and a 34 micorn sag for 50 g of tension. Both of which are allowable.
We should spec the yield to be as large as they can resonably make it, but I believe that
we could live with the 65 grams, but if we got more, we would take advanteg of it.

curtis