Re: CDC Interconnect Concepts - EDAC

Dear Gerard -

   thanks for your comments. It would indeed be useful to do such a search,
however, I also suspect that neither Yves nor I are the optimal people to
do this. We don't regularly work with connectors and probably don't have
catalogs available to help us search. We essentially (as I suspect most
of us do) go look in the drawers in our labs to see what we can find, and
then ask people for suggestions.

   The conenctor you initially suggested is available, there is just a very long
lead-time on it. I suspect that a good starting point would be to ask what
people are using in the FDC. Is there a connector that gets the high-voltage
on the wires, and if so, what is it.

    Beyond this, what other connectors do people know about so that we
would have some idea where to look? Sadly, this is somewhat out of our
baliwick, so some hints would be useful.

  thanks - Curtis

--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University