Re: CDC Electronics Assembly

Hi Gerard,

Indeed that thickness may be too much for the reasons you mention. As
you know, attaching the shields is a labor intensive procedure and there
are not many ways to improve on that. I like your suggestion of just
bending that thin piece for connection to the pins 13 and the holes can
just be stamped.

Thanks,
Fernando

Gerard Visser wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>     Do you really want the tie plate to be 1/8 inch thick? Such a
> massive part, I suspect, will lead to melting and distortion of the
> polyethylene insulation of the RG-174 cables when it is soldered. I
> think it will be much better to have ~0.004 inch copper or brass (for
> easier machining).
>
>     Gerard
>
> p.s. If you follow this suggestion you can probably also just bend the
> end down to connect to the pins 13, rather than soldering an extra
> wire between the tie plate and the pins 13.
>
> Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have updated the drawing on the suggested CDC electronics assembly
>> procedures.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fernando
begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA