Re: FDC/CDC ASIC meeting minutes

Hi Gerard,

>>> p.s. Are the histograms (I presume in a narrow time window) centered on
>>> the
>>> peak time of the pulse in each of the 6 cases independently, or at fixed
>>> time, not therefore picking up the peak amplitude? I presume/hope you have
>>> done the former.
>> I do not remember the time window that was set (it was not very narrow)
>> but the scope displays the measurment every time it measures an amplitude
>> and that looked correct.
>
> Your answer confuses me... Are these histograms in all cases an accurate
> representation of the peak amplitude? I was assuming these are just
> histograms of the waveform crossing a box, and that the box was set to be at
> the observed typical time of the peak... Maybe I just have that wrong and the
> scope is here histogramming the measured peak amplitude where that
> measurement happens independently on each acquisition. Please clarify this.

This measurement was done with the LeCroy WaveRunner oscilloscope. You set
a measurement (the amplitude in this case). For every trigger fired it
measures the amplitudes and shows on the scope how it (baseline and peak)
-> that looked good. Then you can dump that measurent into a
histogram. So every trigger adds one event in the histogram.

Cheers,
 	Yves