Tracking tasks

I started to make a list of the tasks that are on the table for improving
our tracking efficiency. Some ideas come up during the collaboration
meeting, but most of these are not new. We should review each of these and
assign relative priorities and think about how to best address them.

- Tabulate tracks that have selected the incorrect left-right ambiguities.
(It might help to use tracks without multiple scattering so that swimming
the generated tracks go through actual hits).

- Reconfigure stereo of two +6/two -6 stereo as all four +6.

- Run studies with Beni's new close-packed arrangement for stereo wires.

- Consider how additional z measurement(s) could help in reconstruction.
These would presumably come from a charge division measurement. The
suggestion is to assume one or two (or more) 10 cm measurements in
software and see how this improves the track reconstruction.

- Consider arrangements with greater balance between axial and stereo
wires.

Comments and additional suggestions are welcome.

Cheers, Elton.

Elton Smith
Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
12000 Jefferson Ave