Re: Tracking tasks

Hi Elton,

    In addition to these items, I feel it is important to do the
wire-based track fitting exercise discussed earlier. That should give us
a lot more confidence that the overall procedure and general fitting
algorithm are sound.

Regards,
-David

Elton Smith wrote:
> I started to make a list of the tasks that are on the table for improving
> our tracking efficiency. Some ideas come up during the collaboration
> meeting, but most of these are not new. We should review each of these and
> assign relative priorities and think about how to best address them.
>
> - Tabulate tracks that have selected the incorrect left-right ambiguities.
> (It might help to use tracks without multiple scattering so that swimming
> the generated tracks go through actual hits).
>
> - Reconfigure stereo of two +6/two -6 stereo as all four +6.
>
> - Run studies with Beni's new close-packed arrangement for stereo wires.
>
> - Consider how additional z measurement(s) could help in reconstruction.
> These would presumably come from a charge division measurement. The
> suggestion is to assume one or two (or more) 10 cm measurements in
> software and see how this improves the track reconstruction.
>
> - Consider arrangements with greater balance between axial and stereo
> wires.
>
> Comments and additional suggestions are welcome.
>
> Cheers, Elton.
>

> Elton Smith
> Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
> 12000 Jefferson Ave
> Suite # 16
> Newport News, VA 23606
> elton@jlab.org
> (757) 269-7625
> (757) 269-6331 fax

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[