Re: Kapton aluminized

Hi Curtis,

I heard (long ago) from CERN chamber experts that aluminum coating on films
tends to develop cracks which effectively insulate some
areas from the rest. Naively, one may expect that a 5um thick layer should
be stronger than a thin one.

Which thickness are you using for the prototypes?

Thanks,
Eugene