Re: Kapton aluminized

Hi,

Way back in the SSC days, when I designed similar chambers for the GEM
central detector, we were planning on using Cu or Au coatings instead of
Al for our cathode planes.  I recall we found lots of pitting and
erosion on the Al coating after running the chambers for a while.
Unfortunately I don't remember the details, as this was in 1992.

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

 Those raised in a morally relative or neutral environment will hold
		    no truths to be self-evident.

Elliott Wolin
Staff Physicist, Jefferson Lab
12000 Jefferson Ave