Re: Kapton aluminized

As a note here, we started with the mylar straws from Euclid, but found
them far too "fragile" for use in our chamber. Aside from the fact that we
had to reject about 90+ percent of them because of damage (probably at
euclid), as we have shown an number of times, they do not "spring back":
from even the slightest indentation or squeezing, thus we felt that it would
be extremely difficult to build the chamber with these. On the other hand
 the kapton is quite resiliant.On a more positive note, the mylar was a lot
less suscpetable to sag than the kapton.

Our problem six years ago was that no one seemed to make aluminum clad
kapton. There was not enough of a market for it. Thus, we were forced to
go to Sheldahl and have the kapton made.

  - curtis