Re: CDC geometry

Hi Beni,

    I've just uploaded a plot to the wiki showing the z-component of the
vertex resolution for the nominal and modified stereo configurations as
you describe below. You can have a look here:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Image:20090526_z_vertex.gif

Note that the image is not linked from any page at this time.

-David

Beni Zihlmann wrote:
> Hi David,
> A question came up w.r.t. the setting of the stereo layers.
> currently in the geometry file we have a
> +4 -4 A +4 -4
> configuration where the A is for axial layers and the +/- stands
> for the sign of the 6 degree stereo angle.
> Curtis want to do a
> +4 -4 A -4 +4
> configuration because he says that is structurally more balanced and
> avoids
> large sheer force build up.
> Can you easily test if this as an impact on the z-resolution? I think
> that is the
> only place where it might matter.
>
> cheers,
> Beni

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[