CDC Information

Just an update on what has happened since Monday:

*)  Donut and Feed-thru specifications  GlueX-doc-1284 is a start on
getting this
      going. We need to integrate this with the straw and endplate
specifications so
      that all parts will fit together. Notes at the end of this
indicate a scheme for doing
      this.

*)   CDC Assembly Procedures,  GlueX-doc-1280 has been updated to include
      the stringing of wires. This imacts the design of the crimp pin.
Namely, inorder
      to be able to force the crimp pins into the plastic insert without
damaging the
      wire that goes through it, we think that we need to have the lip
on the crimp
      pin.

*)  Given the above lip on the crimp pin, we think that the crimp pin
length should be
      roughly as follows (based on the pin diagram from Medelec).

      1.7 mm long swaged tip
      4.0 mm to start of press-fit shoulder
      4.0 mm long press fit shoulder
      4.0 mm long "crimp region" after the shoulder.

*)  Straw status. It appears that only one of Tim's questions with
regard to the
      straws was answered in the email from Lumina (having to do with the Al
      layer). Can we get answers to the additional questions that Tim posed?

 - curtis

--
Prof. Curtis A. Meyer		Department of Physics
Phone:	(412) 268-2745		Carnegie Mellon University