Magnetic field maps Excel files

Hi Floyd,

    I was just trying to take a look at the field maps from March 12 of
this year. Specifically, the 20090312-2_1500.xlsx and
20090312-2_1600.xlsx files from the Hall-D group disk in the
solenoid/MagneticFieldAnalysis/MagFieldPlots/200903 directory.

    It seems these are in a slightly different format than previous maps
(December 2008). Specifically:

1.) The total flux column is now before the X,Y,Z components whereas
before, it was after them
2.) The x-coordinate is now looped over first whereas before, the
z-coordinate was looped over first
3.) The z-coordinate range is reversed. It goes from 274 to -126 whereas
before it went from -126 to 274
4.) Cells are formatted to use scientific notation whereas before they
were formatted to use "number"
     (this actually affects the format of the text file I export this to
for use in the simulation)

If there is a reason that the newer format is easier so you want to go
with that from now on, let me know and I can work with it. Otherwise, it
would be a little easier for me and I think better overall if we could
stick with a single format. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
-David

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[