Re: more on BCAL light yield estimates

Dear George,
I think there has been a misunderstanding of my point:my point was that
although the green gives much more light to start with (especially the
double clad one) if one goes after about 2m ,the total light-folding in
the QE as well- is much reduced.I do not claim that is the same as the
blue ,I
it is about half (60-75%) of the blue.
So the bottom line was that it not worthwhile bying the expensive green
fibers if we are going to use PM read-out for the outer layers.
                     Cheers,Christine