Re: Flash ADC Timing

Hi Beni and Paul,

    I am CCing Elliott just in case he is not receiving these emails but
I will talk to him regarding the issue of ordering and setting up small
systems for R&D. He also has information on current and future plans
from the DAQ group at Jlab with regards to CODA and software drivers for
the various modules.

    The F1TDC is VME64x compliant and can be installed on VXS crates. I
agree it is a good idea to order VXS crates in view of future tests of
the energy sum trigger.

    Is one system sufficient for tests at IU? If multiples, how many?
Most likely Gerard will also need one or access to one.

Best regards,
Fernando

We would also need a VME64X crate,  and a single board computer with
CODA software installed on it.  An F1 TDC would also be useful, along
with any necessary back mounted interface cards, and a trigger
supervisor.  We would want to test the energy sum trigger as soon as it
is available; this needs a VXS crate.  Will the F1 operate in a VXS crate?

Elliott was looking into getting together a test setup for IU maybe two
years ago, but nothing ever came of it.

Paul

beni zihlmann wrote:
> Hi All,
> some time ago Elliot sent around a mail asking what is needed in terms
> of electronics on DAQ
> at the Universities. I answered to that question that here at IU we
> have no VME based equipment
> at all. In particular this means NO crate, NO front end cpu (ROC), NO
> other VME based modules.
> This means we need a Crate, a ROC and maybe another module I do not
> know we need to get
> CODA running in addition to the fADC. We have computers that can be
> used as back ends
> to install CODA on and if the communication is done via ethernet then
> all we need on top of that is
> a hub and some cables that we have here at IU.
>
> cheers,
> Beni
>
> Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:
>> Hi Elke,
>>
>>     That's a good idea to start thinking about requests for any sort
>> of electronics people will need over the next few months, especially
>> in light of CD-3.
>>
>>     We currently have 4 10-bit fADC-250 under tests/debugging and I
>> don't expect these will be released until early 2008. We have been
>> discussing the possibility of an engineering run, 5-10 boards, in the
>> fADC group for use by users and for testing the trigger system.
>> Please be aware that it make take up to 8 weeks before we get any new
>> boards (ordering components, PCB fabrication, assembly, test).
>>
>>     I will be away on Wednesday, 11/21/07 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Fernando
>>

>> Elke-Caroline Aschenauer wrote:
>>> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
>>>
>>> Fernando and Matt,
>>>
>>> i think we all agree test are needed we can do what was suggested in
>>> the
>>> report. Currently we have 5 250MHz FADCs. I suggest that on
>>> Wednesday in
>>> the weekly Hall D meeting we find out how many FADCs pleople might need
>>> for test stands and than see we have to produce more.
>>>
>>> bye elke

>>>  ( `,_' )+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=
>>>   )    `\                                                  -
>>>  /    '. |                                                  +
>>>  |       `,              Elke-Caroline Aschenauer            =
>>>   \,_  `-/                                                    -
>>>   ,&&&&&V         Jefferson Lab                                +
>>>  ,&&&&&&&&:       HALL-D 12C / F381       121-A Atlantic Avenue =
>>> ,&&&&&&&&&&;      Mailstop: 12H5          Hampton, VA 23664      -
>>>    \_    |  |---' Tel.:  001-757-269-5352                             =
>>> 001-757-269-6248                              -

begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA