Re: Flash ADC Timing

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:

Dear all,

okay there is a whole project to setup a teststand based on coda to test
the modules and also to test all the software and other functionalities we
need here at JLab. I showed / distributed the schedule during the
electronics meeting.

Having setups at individual universities is/was not part of this. So we
have to look very careful how we want to fund this. I think that is a
topic for the wednesday meeting.

regards elke

> [...]
> the various modules.
>
>     The F1TDC is VME64x compliant and can be installed on VXS crates. I
> agree it is a good idea to order VXS crates in view of future tests of
> the energy sum trigger.
>
>     Is one system sufficient for tests at IU? If multiples, how many?
> Most likely Gerard will also need one or access to one.
>
> Best regards,
> Fernando
>

> We would also need a VME64X crate,  and a single board computer with
> CODA software installed on it.  An F1 TDC would also be useful, along
> with any necessary back mounted interface cards, and a trigger
> supervisor.  We would want to test the energy sum trigger as soon as it
> is available; this needs a VXS crate.  Will the F1 operate in a VXS crate?
>
> Elliott was looking into getting together a test setup for IU maybe two
> years ago, but nothing ever came of it.
>
> Paul
>

> On Nov 19, 2007, at 9:22 AM, Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:
>
> > We currently have 4 10-bit fADC-250 under tests/debugging and I don't
> > expect these will be released until early 2008. We have been
> > discussing the possibility of an engineering run, 5-10 boards, in the
> > fADC group for use by users and for testing the trigger system. Please
> > be aware that it make take up to 8 weeks before we get any new boards
> > (ordering components, PCB fabrication, assembly, test).
>

> beni zihlmann wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > some time ago Elliot sent around a mail asking what is needed in terms
> > of electronics on DAQ
> > at the Universities. I answered to that question that here at IU we
> > have no VME based equipment
> > at all. In particular this means NO crate, NO front end cpu (ROC), NO
> > other VME based modules.
> > This means we need a Crate, a ROC and maybe another module I do not
> > know we need to get
> > CODA running in addition to the fADC. We have computers that can be
> > used as back ends
> > to install CODA on and if the communication is done via ethernet then
> > all we need on top of that is
> > a hub and some cables that we have here at IU.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Beni
> >
> > Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:
> >> Hi Elke,
> >>
> >>     That's a good idea to start thinking about requests for any sort
> >> of electronics people will need over the next few months, especially
> >> in light of CD-3.
> >>
> >>     We currently have 4 10-bit fADC-250 under tests/debugging and I
> >> don't expect these will be released until early 2008. We have been
> >> discussing the possibility of an engineering run, 5-10 boards, in the
> >> fADC group for use by users and for testing the trigger system.
> >> Please be aware that it make take up to 8 weeks before we get any new
> >> boards (ordering components, PCB fabrication, assembly, test).
> >>
> >>     I will be away on Wednesday, 11/21/07 for the Thanksgiving holiday.

 ( `,_' )+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=
  )    `\                                                  -
 /    '. |                                                  +
 |       `,              Elke-Caroline Aschenauer            =
  \,_  `-/                                                    -
  ,&&&&&V         Jefferson Lab                                +
 ,&&&&&&&&:       HALL-D 12C / F381       121-A Atlantic Avenue =
,&&&&&&&&&&;      Mailstop: 12H5          Hampton, VA 23664      -
|  |&&&&&&&;\     12000 Jefferson Ave                             +
|  |       :_) _  Newport News, VA 23606  Tel.:  001-757-224-1216  =
|  |       ;--' | Mail:  elke@jlab.org    Mobil: 001-757-256-5224   -
   \_    |  |---' Tel.:  001-757-269-5352                             =
     `-._\__/     Fax.:  001-757-269-6248                              -
begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA