Geometries for 2008 DC Review

Hi Mihajlo,

    I was looking at the plot you posted on the wiki and referred to in
your Jan 18th e-mail reply to Elke (cc-ed to the halld-cal mailing list)
and some things are a little confusing to me. Mainly, I can clearly see
structure from the FDC support frames in the "summer 2007" points, but
can't see any corresponding change in the other 2 curves. Granted, the
amount and location of the material changed a little between those, but
I still think I should see something.

    Rather than spend a lot of time understanding that, I am actually
more interested in having you re-run this with geometries I know are
identical to the ones I am using so that I can show them at the upcoming
review and draw a direct correlation with the radiation length scans I
will also be showing.

    I have placed 5 hddsGeant3.F files on the wiki that contain
different geometries, only 3 are of interest to you right now. The page
is at:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Geometries_for_2008_DC_Review

The geometry files of interest are:

hddsGeant3_march2007.F
hddsGeant3_CD3_dualcathodes.F
hddsGeant3_CD3_dualcathodes_nocables.F

IMHO I think we should retire all of the summer 2007 geometries since
they were intermediate designs that were not shown outside of our group
and never will be. Instead, we should use the March 2007 design that was
presented at the DC review as a basis for comparison.

I will work on putting up some of the rad. length scan plots I have on
that same page for documentation.

Finally, could you remind me how you define "efficiency" for your plot?

Thanks,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[