Calorimeter CDR Document Status

Dear Friends

The following is a status report on the Calorimeter CDR document.
I will not be able to participate in tomorrow's phone call as I will be
traveling.

Please find portions of the document here:
http://dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu/~dzierba/CDR_Calorimeter

Comments:

1.  The overall introduction, giving the physics motivation and overall
kinematics overview, is in GX_calorimetry.pdf.  This part is 20 pages
long.  It has gone through at least one iteration with comments from
George and Zisis.  My introductory talk at the review will be based
on this section.

2.  The following PDF's pertain to the BCAL section:
>>  Intro_KLOE.pdf is an intro to the BCAL section and a summary
of what we know from KLOE.  I have comments from George and Zisis
on this section - but have not yet incorporated these comments.
>>  Appendix.pdf - this has module construction details.  I have comments
from George and Zisis but have not yet incorporated these.
>>  BeamTests.pdf - Just recently posted and have not received
comments yet (too early)
>>  Readout.pdf - Also just posted - too early for comments

3.  Elton had read and made comments on an earlier version of the
above, before I pared down what had been written.  I have not yet
incorporated these comments.

4.  I will move the KLOE section into an Appendix

5.  The page count so far is:
GX_calorimeter: 20
Intro_KLOE: 9
BeamTests: 9
Readout: 6
Appendix: 4
for a total of 48 pages (3 of the pages are duplicates - references)

6.  Mihajlo and Matt have a fairly advanced version of the full-blown
simulation section in hand.  It looks very good and is 23 pages long.

7.  We need a section on FCAL soon.

8.  While I travel tomorrow I will incorporate the comments I have in hand.

9.  George - could you write up an appendix on the SiPM status?  I would think
it should be no longer than 5 pages or so.

10.  Zisis - could you write a page or two summarizing the simulation work.
Maybe we don't need this but maybe we do.   It should be brief and refer
to GlueX-docs

11.  Elton - could you provide a paragraph on the dark current discussion.

12.  I plan to post a first draft of my intro talk by the E.O.B. today - will
post an e-mail

Cheers
Alex

Alex R. Dzierba
Chancellor's Professor of Physics (Emeritus)
Department of Physics / Indiana U / Bloomington IN 47405 / 812-855-9421
JLab Visiting Fellow
Jefferson Lab / 12000 Jefferson Ave / Newport News, VA 23606 / 757-269-7577
Home Phone: 812-825-4063  Cell:  812-327-1881  Fax: 866-541-1263
http://www.dzre.com/alex