Re: Attenuation length for GEANT

Hi all,

just an update regarding the attenuation length in the FCAL:
it does effect photon reconstruction especially for low energy photons
as we all expect. However after smearing hit-energy
to mimic effects of photon statistics, changing attenuation in the block
to 100 cm degrades photon energy resolution by less than 0.5%

Second: Richard pointed in his note

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Attenuation_Results_from_Radphi

that effective attenuation length does not depend on energy.
Does it depend on incident angle?
I would expect so, but I do not know how fast it changes with angle.
I would argue that 0 deg (Richard studies) and 90 deg (Beni)
represent two extreme cases.
Richard, what are you thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Mihajlo