Re: FEU84-3

Hi Eugene,

The numbers you quote are about what I expected. Perhaps Mihajlo (sorry
I don't have his email) could find out what is causing such a slow pulse
from the laser as that really impacts the ultimate timing resolution
that can be achieved with the flash, after pulse fitting.

Thanks and regards,
Fernando

Eugene Chudakov wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> I found a reference from a talk concerning the COMPASS hadronic calorimeter.
> They quoted 12-18ns for the rise time and the full width of 40-50 ns on 10%
> of the amplitude. I hope, for the rise time people are using the convention 10-90%.
>
> We can find out more info in a day or so.
>
> Eugene

> Eugene Chudakov
> phone (757) 269 6959  fax (757) 269 5703
> Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
> 12000 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23606 USA
>
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Fernando J. Barbosa wrote:
>

>> Hi Elton,
>>
>> I checked a few publications referencing the FEU84-3 PMT and I saw a
>> rise time of less than 10 ns (~8 ns). This agrees with an conversation I
>> had with Paul Smith quite a long time ago (in fact, one note from Paul
>> shows a rise time of less than 10 ns with the fADC prototype). The
>> figures presented on Friday by Mihajlo showed a rise time of about 30
>> ns. This discrepancy may be due to the light source. Do you have a spec
>> sheet on the FEU84-3? I found one on the web in Russian but didn't seem
>> to have a spec for the rise time.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fernando

begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA