Re: Die Pad Layout

Hi Mitch,

    I have a preliminary board layout based on the ASIC information that
we developed over the past few months. I am attaching the pinout for the
GAS-1 ASIC. Note that the NC pins are not committed as of yet. Please
feel free to assign the pins as you determine the best fit for the die
and send me your final pinout. Once I have this, I will finalize the
layout of the preamp card.

    In view of the final design, we would also like to have a
differential calibration input to all channels. This could be very
similar in function to the one you implemented on the ASDQ: a short
differential (LVDS?) input pulses a constant current into all channels
or odd/even channels where a bias voltage sets the magnitude of the
current. What level of accuracy can you obtain considering the
manufacturing tolerances?

Best regards,
Fernando

Mitch Newcomer wrote:
> Fernando and Lars,
>                                 we are now at the chip level and are
> considering the die pad layout.   Is there
> a board design in progress?  Has the packaged chip pinout been
> committed at this point.   We would like
> to just lay down the die pads where they appear on the sides of the
> die.   This  may affect the package pinout
> on the sides of the chip, not a lot, just switching pins etc.   We
> forsee  4  current setting pins and one
> shaping pin. This will allow the user to trade off  shaping and  power
> on the fabricated device.  It
> seems to work nicely.
> I will have a short power point to show our basic layout and several
> performance plots hopefully by Friday.
> Next week I'll be at CERN, but available by email.
>
> Mitch

gas-1.pdf

begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr;dom:;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606