Re: Scalers and other electronics for Hall D

Elliott and Elton,

    So far, only the tagger, pair spectrometer and the start counter are
listed as requiring scalers for a total of 12 scalar modules, if using
the 32 channel SIS3800. Please refer to the summary document on the
portal. Also, these scalers may be easily incorporated into the fADC-250
FPGAs depending on the readout rates required.

Regards,
Fernando

Elton Smith wrote:
> Hall D Electronics:
>

> HI Elliott,
>
> This might be good to hash out during the upcoming electronics meeting. We
> need to decide first whether these are needed, and if so, which budget
> sheet to add them to. It also seems like many of our most recent
> electronics boards have added scalers which enhance their utility as well
> as reduce overall cost of additional electronics boards. This could also
> be considered for some of our custom boards.
>
> Cheers, Elton.
>

> Elton Smith
> Jefferson Lab MS 12H5
> 12000 Jefferson Ave
> Suite # 16
> Newport News, VA 23606
> elton@jlab.org
> (757) 269-7625
>
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Elliott Wolin wrote:
>

>> Dear Elke and/or Elton,
>>
>> What did we decide about scalers for the trigger and other systems, misc. other trigger
>> electronics, etc?  They seem to be part of the readout or monitoring systems for the
>> various detector subsystems, and they get read out by the DAQ just like the readout
>> electronics, so it seems like they should be part of the detector subsystems (esp. the
>> trigger).  But I do not see them in any detector budget sheets.
>>
>> What should we do about them?
>>

>> 				Sincerely,
>> 					Elliott
>>

>> ================================================================================
>>

>>   Those raised in a morally relative or neutral environment will hold
>> 		    no truths to be self-evident.
>>

>> Elliott Wolin
>> 12000 Jefferson Ave MS 12H5
>> Newport News, VA 23606
>> 757-269-7365

begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr;dom:;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606