Re: Open Package Quote for production

Hi Mitch,

    I noticed that the cost for this package (OP64 9x9) from Sempac is
about US$3 per package for large quantities which turns out to be
US$12,000 (I am assuming the Sempac quote includes bonding, etc.) The
quote I got from Sandy from I2A (QFN64 10x10) a few months ago put the
cost at US$2560 for 4000 units.

    Do you agree we should increase the cost of the final chip
production estimates by about US$10,000?

Thanks and best regards,
Fernando

Mitch Newcomer wrote:
> Here is a quote for production packaging in the Open package  OC
> QFN64A that Mosis recommended.
> Note that the lid is a necessary part here.    One obvious  benefit
> is that there is no NRE.    -- Mitch
begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr;dom:;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606