FDC daughter board questions

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Fernando,
  I have a few questions about your daughter boards.

1. Are you making only 24 channel prototype boards for this first batch of
ASICs or are you making 16 channel boards for anodes and 24 channel boards
for cathodes? In any case you must have two board layouts to take care of
the signal polarities, right? ( INA used on the anode board and INB on the
cathode board) So, anode boards need only to be tested with negative inputs
and cathode boards only with positive inputs.

2. Input Connector.
    In order to connect to the preamp inputs I need to use the same
connector as you have chosen for your translator boards (ICM-MA50H-SS52-
1151). I’ve found that they are made by JST.  The only supplier I’ve found
for these is Heilind Electronics who list the following part:   ICM-MA50H-
SS521151LFSN which is ROHS compliant. They have a minimum order quantity of
180 which is certainly more than I need. I haven’t received a reply on price
and delivery yet.
  As an alternative, I thought maybe I could get some spare connectors from
you if you have also run into the minimum order problem and have more than
you need. Another alternative would be if I could get at least one of each
type of your translator boards and adapt to them.

3. Output Connector.
    Are you still planning to use the ERNI SMC style output connectors
(054596 board mount, 21447 cable plug)? I’ll have to get some matching plugs
to at least be able to apply terminators to the board.

John

John Schaapman                   Ph: 780-492-3043
Centre for Particle Physics     Fax: 780-492-3408
CEB-158
Mailstop #615
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB