Re: Preamp tests

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Fernando,

First of all, we rechecked the capacitors we are using and it turned out
that the ones we use now are 330 pF NOT 33 pF. When we brought the HV
board outside we used a new one which is stuffed with 330 pF capacitors.
The one we sent to Gerard is the old one which probably has the 33pF ones
one it. Gerard, is this true? I updated the wiki page containing these
values and apologize for the confusion.

I soldered the cable shield to the HV board but unfortunately it did not
change a thing. More details can be found on:

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/CDC_19_12_2007

(You have to scroll down a while to find the added part, maybe I have to
rethink how to report these things in the future)

I made a small summary of proposals I could filter out of the emails:

 	- Change R50 resistor to 10 kOhm
 	- Change ground connection to end plate using braid and make it
 	  as short as possible.

Cheers,
 	Yves

                           /--------------------------------
                          /   Yves Van Haarlem
        _--~~--_         /
      /~/_|  |_\~\      /      Carnegie Mellon University
     |____________|    /        Department of Physics
     |[][][][][][]|:= /          Wean Hall room 8404
   __| __         |__ \       	 Pittsburgh, PA 15213
  |  |[] []  ==   |  |   \   	    Tel.:   +1 412 268-6949
  |  |____________|  |    \                  +1 412 641-9252
  /__\            /__\     \	      Fax.: +1 412 681-0648