Re: News on the preAmp + CDC

Hall D Electronics:

Yes, it was a very productive day. There were a number of issues
with the grounds on cables that we learned about today, and even
the DC power supply that I had (that was not cheap) was noisy.
This leads me to wonder if we should try to "spec out" a reasonable
low-noise DC suppy that can be used in the experiment. Gerard
liked HP's, but Fernando's input would also be useful. I would like
to try and purchase one so we are closer to the final configuration.

   I would also note that to date we have not used Gerard's shaper.
He was putting a connector on for it this afternoon, but I believe that
all of the pulses are without it.

   cheers - curtis

--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University