Re: Struck ADC test clock source

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Fernando,
	I think this sounds like a good plan. I'm sure that Kim and I will be
able interact profitably, especially if she will be doing this work in
P-CAD. We will make it so that all parts are hand-solderable, there's no
need for leadless IC's except for the oscillator but that is still
easily hand-solderable.
	I agree that it will take about 4 weeks at best before the users have
these things in hand. Improving that is not feasible without heavier
involvement from you or me and this is not a good option right now.
	In the meanwhile, I suggest that any test data taking that relies on
precise timing from the ADC's be restricted to one 8-channel Struck
module running from it's internal clock. At least in particular for the
CDC; the FDC can carry on with the 8082A and passive splitter if that
happens to work good enough in practice.

	Gerard