Hall D Electronics System Review - 14 March 2008, F326/327, 2:00p.m.

Hello everyone,

We will have our next meeting towards the upcoming Hall D system review
in May next week This meeting takes place during the regular Hall D
On-line meeting slot (F326/327 @ 2:00 p.m.). You may also recall that
there is a requirement for 80% design completion for the CD-3 review
this Summer.

The goals of these meetings are to review the status, schedules and
costs with the emphasis on, but not limited to, the technical aspects,
requirements and specifications of the trigger system and signal
distribution. These are the areas that require the most input at this
time. We also need to consider supporting infrastructure with regards to
testing of the various modules by the end-users.

The following is the agenda for this portion of the meeting (other
On-line items will be discussed):

1. Trigger System Diagrams
2. Signal Distribution (Global, VXS, Clock, Trigger, etc.)
3. Signal Distribution (SD) Module
4. Trigger Interface (TI) Module
5. Energy Sum (ES) Module
6. Energy Sum Processor (ESP)
7. SubSystem Processor (SSP)
8. Tagger Energy Processor (TEP)
9. Global Trigger Processor (GTP)
10. Track Subsystem Processor (TSP)
11. Global Trigger Crate
12. Software Support  & CODA
13. Test Strategies

Suggested Documentation for the updates are as follows:

1. Description of the system or module - describes the operation and/or
shows where it is applied
2. Specifications - should be comprehensive but emphasize the main tasks
3. Diagrams - system, block, wiring, etc.
4. Schematics
5. PCB

I have created the appropriate directories in the M drive:

1. For most of this documentation, place your files in
M:\halld\Electronics\Documents\TRIGGER or
M:\halld\Electronics\Documents\SIGNAL_DISTRIBUTION (for clock, trigger,
reset, distribution, etc. only).

2. For schematics and PCB CAD files, place your files in
M:\halld\Electronics\PCBs\TRIGGER or M:\halld\Electronics\PCBs\SIGNAL
_DISTRIBUTION.

Regards,
Fernando

begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA