Re: Accomodating I2C and CAN in Hall D control system

Hall D Electronics:

Hi Gerard, Elliott,

Yes, the same is true of the F1TDC and fADC250 modules. I should also
mention that the VXS backplane supports I2C because the switch slots do
not have any VME interface capability. I should emphasize that all these
functions (in these modules) are "internal" and are not to be considered
part of the slow controls domain, I think.

It is great to start thinking about these issues with regards to the DAQ
controls (run control?). Isn't the DAQ group going to provide the
interfaces and GUIs to all these modules? I believe Vardan addressed
some of these global issues (control agents?) at a recent talk.

Regards,
Fernando