More on Pavel's calculations

Hi Elliott,

The result is encouraging: if we make the first 5m above ground of the wall 50
cm
thick, the max. dose rate outside the Hall will be less than 20 urem/h at this
low
level. It will be higher for those who will stay above this 5m level (e.g. roof
of
the counting house, or top of the beam dump outside), but these areas should not
be
occupied that much. The boundary dose has also decreased from 1.5 to 1.0 urem/h
(roof and walls are 10 cm). The dose rate is smaller at the upstream portion of
the
outside Hall, where the counting house is planned to be placed. We may expect
more
or less 'comfortable' 2-5 urem/h inside the building.

Regards,
Pavel
begin:vcard
n:Wolin;Elliott
tel;fax:757-269-5800
tel;home:757-229-2724
tel;work:757-269-7365
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Jefferson Lab;Physics Department
version:2.1
email;internet:wolin@jlab.org
title:Physicist
note:A218 CEBAF Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;12000 Jefferson Ave MS12H=0D=0A;Newport News;VA;23606;US
x-mozilla-cpt:;21408
fn:Elliott Wolin
end:vcard