Radcon Lastest results Jul 17, 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:42:28 -0400
From: Pavel Degtiarenko <pavel@jlab.org>
To: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Elliott Wolin <wolin@jlab.org>
Cc: Bob May <may@jlab.org>
Subject: Last results

Hi Elton, Elliott,

The last results for the HallD model with concrete 10 cm walls, 5 cm roof, without any
extra lead, without the helium-filled dumpline, are ~2urem/h at the boundary. This
might be acceptable taking into account that the Hall is going to operate continuously
only 1/3 of a calendar year, and possible extensions will have to be dependent on the
dose accumulation measured at the boundary. There is some concern for the on-site dose
near the side walls, which can be in the 50-200 urem/h range, that is, it should be
declared as 'radiologically controlled', and fenced. If we'd like to have free user
access to the counting house, there should be extra shielding wall (~1ft of concrete)
between the Hall and the counting house.
I suppose the next step should be calculations for the new iteration in the design,
when it's ready.

Regards,
Pavel