Re: Chapter 8 tar and pdf

HI James,

Paul Smith suggested that the summed inputs to the trigger pipeline might
run at a somewhat slower speed than the FADCs. I suggest we make the
following modification to the text to allow for either option:

page 12, first paragraph 8.2.2, add sentence:

...then compares it against a number of programmed value/function pairs.
THE TRIGGER PIPELINE WOULD SAMPLE INPUT DATA AT THE RATE OF THE FADC CLOCK
(250 MHZ) OR POSSIBLY AT HALF THAT RATE (125 MHZ). A value function...

page 12, paragraph under track count, remove sentence.

...to determine the number of tracks. Two different track counts...

page 13, paragraph under energy sum, remove sentence.

...barrel calorimeter energy sum. The energy sum thn passes...

Please update the text. We can probably wait till Dave returns next week
for any additional comments before we send the updated version to Curtis.

Thanks, Elton.

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, James Hubbard wrote:

> Dr. Smith
>
> Here is chapter 8.  Dr. Doughty and I have changed some of it but have kept
> most of it intact.
>
> I've cited Genr8 and HDGeant.  I'm not sure what the HDGeant citation should
> read.  I've included an entry into chapter6.bbl, but I've not put anything into
>   the halld.bib.
>
> I'm including the gzipped tar file and a pdf version.    I changed the fonts
> style from fontenc to times, so that it would use scaleable fonts  I didn't
> know if any decision was made to use it or not.  I can change it back.
>
> Should I send this on to anyone else?
>
> James Hubbard

Jefferson Lab