Comments on Electronics Review

This morning we reviewed the talks which were posted and made suggestions.

Layuout of experimental hall/counting room is missing in somebody's talk

Alex:
- Question on number of channels: Alex has a slide with channel counts:
FADC 12k, TDC 8k and slow 10k. What is 'slow'? If it refers to slow
controls, isn't this a fairly large number?

Paul:
- Channel count on future FADC board (8) is very small. Density will (and
should) be an issue here. Number of crates?
- Should the crate concept on the next to last slide be expanded into a
full slide?

CODA issues:
- event blocking
- distributed event building
- Consolidation of Fast/Slow controls

Note:

The following link is to my presentation on the Hall D detector to PAC23
http://www.jlab.org/div_dept/physics_division/PAC23_talks/HallD_detector_pac23_Smith.ppt
I have also placed the talk in /group/halld/presentations for ease of
access. It contains a few slides which might be useful for the electronics
review.  Some of them are color versions of slides that are in Alex's
talk.

Cheers, Elton.

Jefferson Lab