Fast ADC's for Gluex

Hi Paul,

Vladimir asks if two ADC's he's found might be appropriate for Gluex.  Perhaps you know
about them already.  One is 10-bit 250 MSPS from Maxim, and can be found on:

http://para.maxim-ic.com/compare.asp?Fam=Fast_ADC&Tree=ADConverters&HP=ADCDACRef.cfm&ln=

The other is 12-bit 210 MSPS from Analog devices, at:

http://www.analog.com/IST/SelectionTable/?selection_table_id=198

These two strictly aren't flash ADC's. They use a sample-and-hold followed by a series of
successive approximations by a small number of comparators, if I understand Vladimir's
explanation.

Can we live with 210 MSPS at 12 bit?  If not, a future version may run at 250...

				Sincerely,
					Elliott

      Those who sacrifice freedom for small gains in security deserve neither
                             freedom nor security

      Science plays a major role in satisfying the minor needs of mankind

                Secular man, by playing God, becomes the devil

Elliott Wolin
Stalag 602-11
Gulag ARC-ipelago