Re: Geant4 For Hall-D

Hi Ed -

  actually, Burin is a Professor in Thailand (he did his thesis on CLAS
in the first round of analyses). Given that he would probably have
trouble making it to regular meetings, this might be the kind of
project to give to him.

      Curtis
On Thursday 29 April 2004 09:36 am, Edward Brash wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I would strongly echo Curtis' sentiments - the Geant4 issue has come up
> before, and we decided that we were WAY too short on manpower to
> consider it at this time.  Now,  I certainly would not want to turn away
> anyone who is willing to do work for GlueX, but if it were possible to
> suggest that the student could work on something that was really
> crucical for the reviews that will be coming very soon, for example,
> that would be much better for us.
>
> Cheers,
> Ed.
>
> Curtis A. Meyer wrote:
> >Dear Dave -
> >
> >   it would certainly be useful to have someone start looking at Geant4,
> >although given our current manpower situation, it has been hard to justify
> >the resources. The only concern that I might have with Burin doing this
> >from the other side of the world is that we would not have suffcient
> > contact with him. However, assuming that he is good with Geant4, this may
> > not be a real concern -  Curtis
> >
> >On Wednesday 28 April 2004 03:12 pm, David Lawrence wrote:
> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>	I just signed up for this list today and this is my first time
> >>posting to it. I am currently familiarizing myself with the two Hall-D
> >>Monte Carlo programs. I'm sure as I get deeper into it, I'll have other
> >>questions/comments to post here.
> >>
> >>	This message, though, is to solicite feedback from the Hall-D MC
> >>group on GEANT4 development. I have a colleauge in Thailand (Burin
> >>Asavaphibop which some of you may know) at Chulalongkorn University.
> >>He has a student who is looking for a project. I was thinking he could
> >>maybe work on a GEANT4 simulation of Hall-D. It would, of course, use
> >>the HDDS files like HDFast and HDGeant. I was wondering if anyone has put
> >>any serious effort towards this yet, or has a concern over them working
> >> on it.
> >>
> >>	All comments are welcome.
> >>
> >>-Dave

> >>  David Lawrence Ph.D.
> >>  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
> >>  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
> >>  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[

Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University
Fax:    (412) 681-0648            Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890
cmeyer@ernest.phys.cmu.edu  http://www.curtismeyer.com/