Re: beamline simulation

Alexander Somov wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> It's me again. Very quick question:
>
> I want to lower the minimum energy for em backround;
> I'm checking rate for the Start Counter. To do that
> I am changing the value of parameter xMinimum in
> beamgen.F file (it does work)
>
> Do I need to change anything elese ?
> (of course, to pileup events I have to change BGRATE
> according to the spectrum)

That is all you need to do to generate the events.  But then you need to normalize the results.  To do that, you can add a histogram to capture the beam spectrum reaching the target.  You can then take the spectrum with the standard xmin and your modified one, and overlay them.  In the region above threshold the two shapes should agree, and the relative normalization gives you the new factor needed to convert number of events to beam-seconds at standard luminosity.  If you have trouble with that, I can do it for you for a couple of xmin values.

Richard Jones

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature